Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year and CPS 97


Here's a Happy New Year card I made with my Design Team materials from Scrappy Jo's and CPS 97. She sent me the SEI Poppy Line and which has beautiful metallics running through it. I used Cat's Eye silver ink on the chipboard and Frosted Lace Stickles around it. You can find ink and Stickles at Jo's store. The Poppy Line is great because on one side is the beautiful bright metallic but on the other is a more subdued tone and you can use both sides on one project. This two sided nature was extremely important in making the paper cupcake I made. I found the project in the January issue of Scrapbooks Etc magazine and decided to make one for my mom's birthday. I used styrofoam for the base and dress pins to put it all together. I will be sharing the tutorial with everyone at the Scrappy Jo's forum soon so everyone can try. I love Leah Fung's original design but I did make very slight changes to my method and decoration.

2 comments :

  1. What cute creations! LOVE what you did with the CPS sketch- those supplies are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being spotlighted at CPS! Very cute creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!