Thursday, July 8, 2010

Finding Inspiration in a Layout Challenge

I love to scrapbook almost as much as I like to make cards so I found the new Moxie Fab World challenge to be really fun. The challenge is to be inspired by a LO from Creating Keepsakes which you see above. I can't wait to see to other takes on the challenge.

My card is using Basic Grey's Boxer line. There were several ways I was inspired by the LO. I really wanted to make a photo card so I chose this shot from one of our hikes. I think nature shots make great card embellishments and have used them in the past. I made a sketch of the LO including the circle element, strips, and ribbon. I used chipboard letters like in the title and I loved the brads on the background so I used gems for a similar effect.


4 comments :

  1. I love this card! Great job on the challenge! I love how you put the photo on (I've done that only once, but it's my favorite card!) Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the MB challenge! Fantastic idea to use the LO as a sketch! Love the bold colors with the stunning photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your using the layout as a sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess! Thanks for entering the Finding Inspiration in a Layout challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!