Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2: Day 9 and 10


I've been enjoying the videos and lessons from Stretch Your Stamps 2. Today I am going to have several posts so that I can share the cards to my gallery. Of course I won't get to every technique shown in the class before it is over but I want to make sure I add at least one card to each gallery. This card with for Days 9 and 10 where several ideas for using floral stamps were shown but the techniques can be applied to many kinds of stamps. The technique I am using is creating custom alphabet embellishments by stamping and then diecutting. I stamp the clock from the set to create custom patterned paper then cut the letters out. It's a small detail that adds interest but keeps the card simple enough to be masculine. I was particularly happy with this card as this stamp set has been in my stash for several months but this is the first time I am using it and I created multiples with different sentiments to make sure the set was nice and inky.


Challenges:

2 comments :

  1. I loved this class technique, too! What a handsome card you've made!

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic masculine card Jess! Love that vintage car image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Back in the Day" challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!