Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Shaker Card and Tutorial featuring Gerda Steiner Designs


Hello crafty friends! Today I have a video and a shaker card featuring Gerda Steiner Designs Kitten in Heart digital stamp. In the video I give step by step directions about how to do the inking, coloring, and of course making the shaker. This is actually my first successful shaker but hopefully it will still be helpful to others.


Tips from this card/video:
Use fun foam instead of foam tape to seal the shaker especially when you have an unusual opening
The right adhesive is a must. Liquid adhesive is great for foam but not acetate.


Challenges:




6 comments :

  1. Gerda's designs are adorable and your card is super cute - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, I just watched this shaker card tutorial on youtube (I've been subscribed for a couple of weeks now). THANK YOU for such detailed instructions...for masking, using foam for the shaker.....you actually have me thinking "I CAN do this".....I just found your blog and became a subscriber via bloglovin'
    Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling shaker and your video is ever so informative! I agree: foam tape with shaker cards is a crazy-maker. I'm adding fun foam to my shopping list! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shaker card, so pretty! Like the cute kitty peeking out of the frame. Thank you for sharing at ATSM :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Jess! darlin card, your coloring is FAB! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!