Friday, February 20, 2015

One Layer Card featuring Newton's Nook Designs

Stenciled Sun Ray Card using Newton's Nook Bunny Hop Stamps and My Favorite Things Sun Ray stencil

Hello crafty friends! Today I have a card for the latest Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws challenge. The challenge is a one layer card and this one was tricky for me. I tend to work on a panel for my inking and coloring and then attach it to my card. To see more on how I created this card, check out the video below.


Tips from this card/video:
Use a heat gun to make sure ink is dry between applications
Colored pencils are great for one layer cards because they won't bleed through like alcohol markers
Extend a sun ray stencil by using post it notes as masks


Stenciled Sun Ray Card using Newton's Nook Bunny Hop Stamps and My Favorite Things Sun Ray stencil

Challenges:

Stenciled Sun Ray Card using Newton's Nook Bunny Hop Stamps and My Favorite Things Sun Ray stencil


4 comments :

  1. Love how your one-layer card turned out! The background gives the entire scene so much depth and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Proof that one layer cards can be just as lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally the same way - I usually work on a smaller piece - but you did a great job with this challenge!! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!