Friday, May 16, 2014

I Love You!



For this card I started with the Runway Inspired Challenge from the picture below. Of course the green drapery is very eye catching, but my card focuses on the lace top of the dress. I stamped a Hero Arts background stamp that had straight lines and florals similar to the lace then added some Antique Linen Distress Ink to mimic the skin tone. I added in the green by coloring the floral images and then tried to invoke the layered green with the green lace trim. I also put the two solid black bands along the side to invoke the black bands on the dress. I think I went a little dark with my greens, but I wanted to work with Distress for the techniques and it is generally a more muted palette. This is also for the Open Minded Crafting: Use Some Ribbon challenge.