Friday, May 9, 2014

Thankful Flowers



The current Avery Elle AEIHeartU challenge is to make a mother's day card. Unfortunately I don't have a mother's day specific sentiment or an alphabet from Avery Elle but I think the sentiment "Thankful for all you do" from Handwritten Notes  is very fitting for mother's day. I decided to create a fun custom background with a watercolor wash and then layered the flowers and elements from Thanks a Bunch in some different colors of Distress Ink. I'm still not very happy with the way the picture turned out. But after trying a few times I have given up and settled that this will be the best shot of it I can get. If you love Avery Elle go check out this fabulous challenge!



Other Challenges


If you still need a quick mother's day card here's a link to my printable freebie.