Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2: Day 9 and 10


I've been enjoying the videos and lessons from Stretch Your Stamps 2. Today I am going to have several posts so that I can share the cards to my gallery. Of course I won't get to every technique shown in the class before it is over but I want to make sure I add at least one card to each gallery. This card with for Days 9 and 10 where several ideas for using floral stamps were shown but the techniques can be applied to many kinds of stamps. The technique I am using is creating custom alphabet embellishments by stamping and then diecutting. I stamp the clock from the set to create custom patterned paper then cut the letters out. It's a small detail that adds interest but keeps the card simple enough to be masculine. I was particularly happy with this card as this stamp set has been in my stash for several months but this is the first time I am using it and I created multiples with different sentiments to make sure the set was nice and inky.


Challenges: