Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Updates and Projects to Share

Life had been busy for many reasons. Even though I just graduated I'm taking summer classes for my graduate degree. I have a big project due tomorrow but I'm taking a little break to share some things with you. I've been spending a lot of time on schoolwork but I've also been making cards for the Papercrafts call (They received 1500 cards for 152 spots!). However I do have some crafty things I can share. First up the picture above is my cousin graduating from college last Friday and the crafts I have to share were for her.

I made a mini graduation cap for her. We saw a graduation cap card in a store that she liked so I took it to the next level and made a little paper hat. As you can see its a square piece of cardstock. Then a long strip of cardstock with slits cut so it can be rolled up and attached.

The tassel is embroidery floss with a loop on one end and a simply knot. The tassel is held on by a brad. I added a 'celebrate' charm in lieu of a year charm because I wouldn't even know where to find one.

Next up are some little graduation treat I made. They are meant to be chocolate caps. Reese Peanut Butter cups with Keebler Deluxe Grahams on top and some icing tassels. Very simple with no baking skills required.

Last to share is a picture of me and my friends from college who came to visit me in my new apartment. MK brought a big bag of cookies to share, though in the end my boyfriend wound up eating most of them. I'm hoping to get some crafty projects done over the weekend because I am finishing a class this week but will be starting another one soon. But I'm not sure how much I'll get to because I have a bug bite that has turned into an infection in my foot and left me on crutches. The trick is figuring out how to keep my foot elevated while crafting. I'll be back tomorrow with my Pink Elephant Scrapbook Challenge LO!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!