Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Let's Shell-ebrate


I had made a few extra die cuts with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card and Impression Obsession Cloud Background. I was crafting with my sister when she asked me about adding water to a beach scene she was trying to create. It made me think of a scalloped punch as waves so I tried it out. I punched the scallop border punch from cardstock and then added some Distress Ink in light to darker shades of blue. I loved the way it turned out and so I made a few and even created my own stencil with some plastic. In fact I had to make one for my sister too because she loved it just as much. So I've created a video to help explain the process better.


For this finished card I added Lawn Fawn turtles from Critters in the Sea and balloons and hats from Year Four colored with Inktense pencils. Then I stamped a sentiment from Paper Smooches Party Posse and birds from Lawn Fawn's Life's A Beach.


Challenges:

5 comments :

  1. Super cute card Jess, I love the sky and sea background.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular. Gorgeous sky and water scene. Love the waves! I think you created the perfect backdrop for the adorable turtle images. What a fun card with lots of interest and a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Jess! I love the partying sea turtles. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stencil It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a fun card, I love the clever waves! I have the sky stamp too and use it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!