Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pink Elephant Circles and Scallops

First here's my take for this week's Pink Elephant challenge to use scallops and circles. It's a post it note holder but doesn't have any post-it notes in it at the moment because I don't have any. But I plan to add some because I think it will make a cute mother's day gift. It's very simple to make and I got the idea from the Vintage Plum Creative Cafe (great weekly challenge with tutorials).


Next is a card I made custom for a lady I met at a flea market. My friend wanted to sell jewelery there because it was supposed to be a craft show as well (but turns out it wasn't a place for crafters selling their wares) so I tagged along with my friend. It was mostly just a long hot morning for the two of us but I was delighted to make this card. I think everyone deserves a special and beautiful wedding card. Some of the details may be hard to see but the heart is glitter embossed and I used BG Boxer papers. I really hope she likes it.


Last but not least I want to share with you all a way to win some gorgeous digital stamps. Digiments is holding its first official contest in honor of its grand opening. Michelle the creator makes beautiful digital sentiments called digiments and will be releasing her first line on May 13th. If you'd love to win some fun sentiments that can be resized to fit any card or project visit the site. I have seen the collection and have even gotten to play with them and I know you'll love them if you win.


14 comments :

  1. I love the post-it holder, and the wedding card is gorgeous! I love how you have the circle coming off the card a little bit. Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren’t custom things like that fun? I’ve only had one to do like that by request and it was sooo fun. I hope you enjoyed it – it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post in note holder! I remember making those awhile back and they were so fun!! Thanks for reminding me about them. They would make sweet little teacher's gifts!!
    Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are adorable card Jess! Love them both and those pearl details looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab way to make an everday item more fun! Great project Jess and i love the wedding card too....thanks for your support again this week :)

    hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Jess it took me ages to get to the bottom of your post cause I kept clicking on the links which I have saved to explore further later.
    I love your post it note holder - I've never done one of those so I reckon it is going on my to do list. The wedding card is lush - I love it.

    Love the idea of those digi sentiments - think I might have a go at that challenge - thanks for spreading the word.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these projects turned out great. And I totally agree with you, that wedding cards should be special and beautiful. You definitely nailed both of those with your card. I hope she likes it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The post it holder is very cute! I am sure Mom will think it is a great gift as well! The card for the wedding is wonderful! I really love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these two works are wonderful, the post it note holder is awesome! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both cards -- so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just made me believe I need a post it notes holder! I love that!! Your colors are perfect. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your circles and scallops/Pink Elephant card....no wonder you keep ending up at the top! :> Love all the b&w patterns that you put together on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous post-it note holder & that card is simply stunning :o)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!