Thursday, July 10, 2014

Season's Greetings



Today's card started with the Jingle Belles challenge to use up old stash. The papers and ribbon are from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly line which I adore. I actually won the papers and ribbon which was great since I wasn't able to easily order online when they were available and couldn't find them in stores but because I love this collection I have hoarded it. Well today I give up a small bit of it. I also am using this reindeer stamp that is quite old. I used the Copic no-line coloring technique. The way I do the no-line coloring is by stamping in a light ink such as Momento Angel Pink and then coloring over the lines as I go. I really love the way it looks but it's more time consuming and a bit of a strain on the eyes. Maybe as I get better I will share a how-to video on my You Tube channel but for now several of my videos featuring Copic coloring of critters.


Challenges 

5 comments :

  1. That is the cutest little reindeer EVER!!! Super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!!! not only is that the PERFECT use for the treasured papers, your little reindeer really is just about the cutest thing i have ever seen in my whole life! brilliant to use an older stamp with a new technique for AMAZING results. thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us at JINGLE BELLES!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to color that image ... and so glad you found a home for some of your favorite holiday papers ... so glad you shopped your stash with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!