Thursday, July 3, 2014

You Are My True North


The new Avery Elle AEIHeartU challenge is such a fantastic trend: Gold. I am not someone who reaches for gold often but that's what makes the challenge so fun.


I wanted to keep this card super simple to let the stamps from the new to me Knotty stamp set shine. I stamped out the design in black on a scratch paper and then carefully gold heat embossed the design. The thing about clean and simple cards is they can be very easy to mess up which makes me even more nervous to attempt them. It's quite tricky to photograph the shine on this one but I am very happy with how it turned out.




3 comments :

  1. Very clever use of those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another stunning card, Jess! Thank you for joining the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the diagonal design! Thanks so much for linking this up to Avery Elle's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!