Saturday, July 12, 2014

You Make My World Spin and a Video


This card started off with the inspiration photo at the Mama Elephant and Me challenge. However I'm sure you can tell it kind of took off in a brighter direction quickly. I started with the idea of the tops of the boxes in the photo look like the fireworks from the Mama Elephant Around We Go set. While I was at the Mama Elephant event in NYC they showed us how to use Hero Arts daubers to add color to the fireworks and I wanted to make use of that technique. However I'm cheap and so I use bingo markers from the dollar store. For more on how this card came together check out my video below.


Challenges:


11 comments :

  1. Fantastic card! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors and thanks for the tips on your video. I think I'm gonna try this background with the Blendabilities markers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, love the colors and the fireworks, and the cool swing ride image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card...great video too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bingo markers ... I love it!! Way to use your materials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulously! Love your tips! Also thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it looks gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card! Love those colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything bright and this card is fabulous! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess, what a BRILLIANT idea to use the Bingo Daubers! Totally going to CASE this! :o)

    P.S. thank you for your sweet comments on my blog today. I am now your new follower!

    Hugs,
    Amy
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun and gorgeous card!! Thank you so much for playing along at Mama Elephant and Me Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!