Friday, April 11, 2014

AEIHeartU Watercolor Challenge Take 2


The current Avery Elle AEIHeartU challenge is to use watercolor. Like many crafters I have fallen in love with this trend. I recently treated myself to my first Avery Elle set Handwritten Notes. I love this set because it has great sentiments for every occasion, but also because you can mix it up with the fun extra sayings. I decided to create a fun custom background using a mix of the thank you style sentiments. I stamped out the various sayings and clear embossed them on watercolor paper. Then I put down some Distress Inks on my craft sheet, sprayed some water and rubbed the watercolor panel in them. I didn't worry too much about being precise. I just made sure all areas were covered and then dipped a bit extra to add some splatters and unevenness. I wanted the panel to shine so I was sure to use a contrasting color for the background. If you need help making your colors pop check out sites like Color Scheme Designer. If you love Avery Elle go check out this fabulous challenge!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!