Monday, January 17, 2011

Jingle Belles 3


First a brief plea... Hey Crafty Friends! If you appreciate my cards I'd appreciate it if you followed this link and left a comment saying I, Jess Moyer, would make an excellent addition to the Cosmo Cricket Design Team!



Now onto my card. I made this card using Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather for the Jingle Belles challenge to use acrylic paint. I painted the star and the edges of the label. I love the purple and gray in Mitten Weather. Such a fresh take on Christmas colors. The sentiment and snowflakes are a new set from Studio 18 that I picked up during the 80% Christmas clearance. I didn't need new stamp sets but I have a hard time resisting at only 20 cents. I picked up quite a bit of bling at that price as well because I love to add gems to pretty much everything. This card is also the the Sentimental Sundays to use a winter theme and have a sentiment. Lots of snowflakes on this card and of course the winter sentiment "Let it Snow."

9 comments :

  1. oh wow, yes, i ♥LOVE♥ that color combo, too, and i love what you've done with it. that little painty purple star just adds soooo much texture and interest! what a fabulous finishing touch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that awesome color combination ... so vibrant ... and what a great way to add some acrylic paint to your design ... thanks so much for joining our Jingle Belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card. I like the colors. Purple isn't usually what you grab for when going Christmasy. Love how you did this. Glad you joined in with JB challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabbie Jingle Belles card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an unlikely colour combo but you have made it work!! I love everything about this card, well done!! :)

    And thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like traditional and non-traditional colors and this is a great way to use a non-traditional color in a very eye catching and pretty way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love your combo of papers.

    Thank you for joining our “Winter” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

    ~Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty! I love the colors and patterns together. Good luck on the design team :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice color combo. Thanks for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays. Please join us this week for our color challenge! ;-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!