Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Caardvarks and Pink Elephant

My grams requested a handmade card for a bridal shower. She says the lady is very sweet and always makes the favors for their parties at work, so I'm sure she'll appreciate a handmade card. The two cards below are the ones I plan to give to my grams as contenders.


This first one was for the Pink Elephant Recipe challenge. As the challenge requested I used a punch, some embossing, and a stamp. The punch is my brand new EK Success edger punch. I must admit there is a bit of a learning curve with lining it up properly but I like being able to get cute borders without tracing and handcutting. I used my cuttlebug for the first time in awhile to do the embossing. I want to get more embossing folders but I feel like I should use it more before I invest more money in it (unless I see the Swiss Dots folder somewhere because I'll snap that up). Lastly I used one Studio G stamp to create the pattern on the butterfly. The challenge really made me stretch my creavity to get it all on one card but I think it turned out well.


This card is for the Caardvarks fantasy challenge. I knew immeadiately that I would use the DCWV Once Upon A Time papers that I've had for awhile. The papers are so pretty and many have glitter already attached. I stitched gold fiber around the edge and it was a bit of a pain (because the thread kept coming apart) but I love the look in the end.

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!