Friday, April 24, 2009

Pink Elephant Don't Throw That Away Challenge


Here's my take on the Pink Elephant Don't Throw That Away challenge. This week at my craft club we decided to see what we could make with old magazines. We rolled magazine strips which was quite time consuming. I came home with a bunch of rolled tubes but no project. I have seen many people make frames but I didn't want it to be just a frame so this project is a card that has cardstock flaps that allow it to stand even though its so top heavy. I figure this will make a great quick present because its a card and a gift all at the same time.


Speaking of presents earlier today I made a couple of little boxes for small presents. I think this one would be perfect for some candies for my mom this mother's day.

10 comments :

  1. Love the photo card frame Jess. You should make card of the week for sure!
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. This frame is so COOL!!! I love how you used the rolled up magazine pages. It is so bright and earth friendly!!
    Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!!
    Robin
    The Pink Elephant Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers!! Oh Jess, this is so fabulous!! I keep scrolling back to these pictures....just love them So much!! What an awesome graphic and unique gift! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Jess! I love that frame idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess your frame looks awesome very cool idea and the little box is sooo pretty your mom is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess both your projects are brilliant. I've not seen the rolled up magazine work before but it's really bright and very effective.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the PInk Elephant - hope you'll have chance to play with us again this week as Carol has done a great sketch for us all to try.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, what a great use of your time to make this frame. Love the box too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you made!!

    You are one of my top ten blogs!!
    Come check it out!

    http://celinascraps.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-am-honored-emily-of-httpsingem1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess that frame is dynamite looking. LOVE it! You need to head on over to ICS and check things out girlie! HURRY! Have a lovely day! ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful frame and photo! super clever to use the magazines! and your box is very pretty! love that flower! sooooo pink! ;)

    I am passing along a blog award to all of the Digiments DT members. deets are on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!